Out Couch Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, P.C., is an LGBTQIA+ specific psychoanalytic psychotherapy practice in the Hollywood Hills owned by Cadyn Cathers, PsyD (licensed psychologist PSY 32839). I am hiring 2 psychological associates (formerly called psychological assistants) to start as soon as there is successful registration with the BOP. This is an ideal position for someone seeking training in affirmative psychotherapy from a relational psychoanalytic perspective and in marketing/running a private practice.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Conduct affirmative psychodynamic/psychoanalytic psychotherapy with LGBTQIA+ adult clients
- Determine diagnosis and recommendations for treatment
- Prepare intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries
- Maintain notes for all psychotherapy sessions and patient communications
- Attend weekly supervision as required by the Board of Psychology (at least 1 hour for every 10 hours worked)
- Create transcripts of sessions for supervision (1-2 per month)
- Engage in marketing and networking as needed (writing blog posts, attending conferences, etc.)
Required Education & Experience:
- MA/MS in psychology or counseling psychology, currently enrolled in a doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology, or completed doctoral degree that prepares for licensure as a psychologist
- 1500 hours of supervised professional experience, preferably at a training site focused on psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Must be eligible to register with the California Board of Psychology as a Psychological Associate
I am not hiring marriage and family therapy associates, professional clinical counselor associates or associate clinical social workers at this time.
- Assessment and diagnosis of a broad range of psychiatric diagnoses from the DSM-5
- Identify and appropriately utilize objective countertransference, while separating out subjective countertransference
- Experience in working with LGBTQIA+, consensually non-monogamous, and/or kink clients
- Strong, but flexible, boundaries
- Commitment to professional maturity and integrity
- Commitment to grow a practice
- Knowledge and commitment to APA ethics code
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-starting attitude & entrepreneurial spirit
$30 per hour to start (including client sessions, supervision, notes, writing transcripts, networking, marketing efforts, recommended reading, etc.).
Merit increase reviewed after 90 days.
- Paid sick leave: 1 hour for every 30 hours worked
- Paid time off (PTO): 1 hour for every 30 hours worked after 180-day waiting period